Sunday, April 19, 2009

Back on track...

Sunday night...laundry is in the dryer, lunch is ready for tomorrow, spent the day out and about doing nothing to speak of here.  

Oh yes there is!  My friends yesterday told me about the local resale shop.  There's not just one in this county, I drove past two on my side of the city today.  I stopped in at the first one.  New weather, new season, new city...I've been looking for a regular, classic trenchcoat to wear as I hop on and off the buses downtown during the work week.  I'm looking for something basic, something water resistant, preferably black and just below the knee.  I wouldn't mind showing up at someone's door with little else on, but that's another story.  In any case...(back to my adventure du jour),  I found Value City, or Center, or whatever it's called and a whole rack of used coats.  I am finally, finally the proud owner of a black leather jacket.  I have wanted a leather jacket for practically ever.  You are wondering what happened to the trenchcoat part of the story.  Put that on the back burner for a minute and let me ooze on about acheiving yet another minor goal in life.  Wilson Leather coat, excellent condition, classic lines, falls to just below the hip and absolutely best of all - da ta! $10 US.  Happy dance.

The trenchcoat?  Oh please, $6.99, but it's teal blue.  I'll find a black one later. (smiling away - two coats for the price of half of one heehee

7 comments:

  1. well......I suppose flashing in teal blue is still acceptable....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, thanks Yacky. I might just keep it then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow the narrative got me sidetracked as my mind playing the shopping movie. I forced it back to coats, sort of. That sounds like a cool jacket. What a bargain. I bet you look and feel sharp sporting around town and taking over the institution where you work. These are some of the little joys that keep the ball rolling

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 on the hit list with a bullet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good deal!!!!This is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no leather jackets except for the melton/leather sleeved one the company gave me. I do, however, have a black trenchcoat with a zip-in pile liner so it can be worn in winter. I haven't worn it lately, nor have I shown up anywhere wearing only it.

    I took a few photos for the hell of it and put them on deviantART, though. Gone now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, bet ya look so great in leather!But you'd look great in anything! Hope ya have a terrific week ahead."hugs"

    ReplyDelete