Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Today's Fight


And the disposal is winning.
This morning I finally reached into the kitchen drain to see what the problem is. The drain has been slow. The garbage disposal has been making terrible noises and shaking the counter tops all week. I finally found why the disposal is mad at me. I shoved a brand new dish cloth down it. Surgery may be in order. After turning the blades "manually" with a broom stick (see fig. 1) I've been able to pull up quite a bit of the cloth. The project has, unfortunately, gotten quite tedious (read: I'm tired of goofing around with it). I'm beginning to believe it's time to unseat the disposal, cut away the wash cloth from both sides of the blade and reseat it.

This is gonna be a big deal, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment