Friday, November 27, 2009

Ta DA!!!

The disposal uses a 1/4 inch allen wrench. Just so you know. After fussing with the thing for half an hour (for today), and actually making headway (miniscule, but headway) I finally called in the reserves, the apt. manager. He was none too happy with assisting. But, he did come down and strong arm enough of the thing out that while he left for a moment to get gasoline, I mean a pair of pliers, I was able to coax the rest out.

I finally called in help. What is it with me getting around to asking for help? Took me long enough. But, ta da!!! Success! A special thank you for all who offered assistance both on this site and at KCL. Thanks to my friend in the warm and wonderful south for suggesting I tape the switch in the off position when I realized I couldn't unplug the unit. Thanks to my friends in the cold and north wet mountains for reminding me I may want to know where the water cut-off valves are (a funny story they tell very well - especially around the dinner table). And to a friend I've never met in Florida for suggesting an allen wrench that will actually fit. You guys are the greatest!

Okay, now I can think about setting up the christmas tree. That should keep me out of trouble for a little bit. Or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment