Saturday, October 16, 2010

Missed Opportunities and Popcorn

I've been out of town for a week. It was nice to get away. We all need that once in a while. I'm glad to be home. I headed to parts south and spent the week visiting with my daughter and the rest of my family. My mother flew in here to the Great Northwet and visited for a day or two first, then we flew together and invaded my brother's gracious home. It was an interesting time.

Twice I sent a text to a friend to see if an invite to join me would be appropriate. Twice the text did not go through. Being so close to the Mexican border cell service is spotty. I took the undelivered messages as a sign that my visit should be more specific toward family. For all the messages that did go through it was telling that those messages with an invitation did not. I send my good thoughts and warm wishes. I have warmer wishes I would sent my friend. But, times are changing in my own little world, whether I mean them to or not. Not everything is up to me. I recognize that. If it were up to me, it would be different.

My youngest daughter will be joining us here in the North Wet in November. I don't know how we will do it but the three of us will be living together in this apartment until we are able to find the home of our dreams. It takes some finagling to bring three dreams together. The emotional/mental/actional ride to combine and mix and settle these dreams will be interesting.

I have five opportunities for jobs waiting for me to apply myself to them. I better get busy. I want any of these jobs more than ever.

Fairytales have been popping out of me like popcorn. I'll butter them up and post what comes out when they are finally salted.

3 comments:

  1. Texts (which ride along in the otherwise empty space in a data packet, and cost phone companies nada) don't always get where they're sent or in a timely fashion. I was twice accused of ignoring texts that I received up to 12 hours late. That relationship had more going against it than misplaced texts, but the water passing under that bridge made it to the ocean a long time ago. A story for another time, perhaps :-)

    My oldest and his girlfriend lived in my apartment for a year or so. Luckily it was a two bedroom, and I trained them to not leave stuff lying about, but throw it in their own room.

    Good luck on the job hunt!

    I'm happy enough to stick with ferry tales ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fun time away my dear! Hope the sweek ahead will be a great one for you and yours!"HUGS"

    ReplyDelete