Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Creative Endeavors

I didn't make it to the unemployment offices after all. At least not today. Happy Cinco De Mayo. I ate Taquitos and called it a celebration. At least I'm up with the times.

I picked up a dining table through Freecycle.org (I love that service). In true fashion is it already covered with a project rather than a tablecloth and candlesticks. I'm a greeting card maker today. Between scouring the internet for ideas to pilfer and reviewing the materials I have to work with I'm wearing a path in the carpeting from my desk to the table. I've already vacuumed the living room so alll the bits of paper that fall to the floor since this afternoon will probably be there for a week. The theme for the greeting cards is Celebrating More Birthdays. It's another fund raising endeavor.

This is the year of the fund raiser. Besides running the marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society I am also doing the Relay for Life to help out the American Cancer Society. Some years it's just good to get involved.


2 comments:

  1. Volunteer efforts (e.g., fundraiser participation) always looks good on a resume too. My little sister has walked Relay for Life for YEARS ... ever since our dad died of cancer 15-years ago May 4th. (I just sponsor her when I remember to do it.) My volunteer work has always surrounded Earth and the environment.

    ReplyDelete