Monday, September 6, 2010

Sundays

I woke up pretty motivated. I wonder what happened. Somehow not much of what I thought I was going to do felt very productive or enticing even. Books weren't doing it. I felt more blah from reading than I did wandering around the apartment. I finally gave up any hope of "doing" anything and took a two hour nap. It helped. On my second waking I popped disc two of the second season of Mad Men into the video player and started sewing. Several quilting blocks later, and three hours of Mad Men to escape into and I'm feeling better.

I seek some motivation. There's changes coming up in my life again and I feel the need to be better prepared. Sometimes a fresh perspective escapes me.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice way to spend an afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent a week on vacation and now can't get motivated to write or post photos. I still have a four day backlog of pics from before my vacation.

    I have been through a few changes this year and yet have lost the desire to communicate them in any meaningful way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, Doug. Some spark changed cylinders and the car runs different...and on a different road too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just do something so different from your routine. I somehow think you are better at this advice than I am.

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete