Monday, October 26, 2009

The Rain has Begun

The rain has begun here in the Northwest. I have been counseled by three separate people to purchase Vitamin D in bulk to get through these next several months without wanting to slit my wrists in despair at the weather. Leaning over my balcony I see the grass and weeds are being replaced by mushrooms. There are all kinds of mushrooms peeking their varied heads up at me. Not quite the dandelions that over run the yard in July and August, more sublime in their coloring, but just as populace.



I do like it here in the Northwest. I do feel like I'm home. Time to pull out the books and label /name these beauties.

5 comments:

  1. If you want to get through the rainy season, you don't want mushrooms, you want 'shrooms ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. here I thought dandelions would make me happy

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. dandelion wine and magic mushrooms that should make every moment interesting to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah..right you two!! Everybody, back to work.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to name mushrooms, or anything else, you can never go wrong with Sparkie. I would name them all Sparkie

    ReplyDelete