Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Referendum 1 - Seattle Style

I'm sorry I wasn't here in 2003 - according to Google search of Seattle Referendum 1

"With a no vote on Seattle Referendum 1, voters were firmly rejecting the city's "four-foot rule," which would have banned lap dances by requiring exotic ..."

When I was really looking for...

"Your vote to APPROVE Referendum 1 will uphold common sense local policies that encourage use of reusable “green” bags. Right now, the average Seattle ..."

That "common sense" thing gets me. If it were common sense there wouldn't be a need to put a 20 cent fee on it (plastic bags, that is).

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, I can't even take it any more. Most of the green initiatives are pure bs. Maybe a green bag on your lap is a common sense approach to lap dancers, at least if they are unvetted strangers.

    ReplyDelete