Saturday, November 26, 2011

Ego voicing it's tantrum

I'm concerned at the resistance I get from life. I'm concerned that it takes so much time and effort to make things happen. I'm concerned that when my plans don't go according to plan my feelings get hurt. My pride is bruised. My ego has a tantrum.

Acceptance is hard too. To sit back and not worry about when things will happen, or if they will happen is difficult too. Acceptance seems to take more stamina than my efforts to make things happen. Patience is not a virtue, it's a marathon without a finish line.

It is difficult to me understanding why life would put up such resistance to ideas and projects that are inherently good. To accept that it is not up to me is tantamount to defeat.

I get the surrender part. I get it. But, life didn't like my ideas? That hurts a little bit.

3 comments:

  1. All things shall pass my dear! Hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..marathon without a finish line. That is an absolute classic It certainly tells the tale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a matter of fact, I think you should copyright and sell posters and such with that line: "Patience is not a virtue, it's a marathon without a finish line"

    ReplyDelete