Sunday, February 6, 2011

Football RULES!

I don't know if anyone knows this, but it is Packer Day. The Packers play football today. The Green Bay Packers play football today. I don't know who they are playing. That is incidental. The important thing is to wear a Green Bay Packer shirt, a Cheesehead and to have lots and lots of food available from kick-off to glorious finish. I have put a bet on with someone that is rooting for the other team. I will be winning an entire shiny quarter, two-bits. It's big money. Betting makes the game more intense. I understand how one can get carried away with gambling. I'm willing, myself, to put down a few more coins on this game. A sure bet, ya' know.

Thing One and Thing Two and myself started cooking yesterday. At least we started pulling together the ingredients. Guacamole is best fresh. The avocados are perfect ripe this morning. The chicken wings have been defrosted in the refrigerator (as if I know proper defrost procedures - per FDA roll your eyes here.) Some wings will be fried and sauced, Some will be grilled and chowed immediately. Seven layer taco salad. But wait! There's more! There's food for an entire four games. This is almost better than a Thanksgiving spread. I am sorry there is only one game. And then I wonder...can Green Bay play itself for a few games? I would watch that.

I love football. There is no better finale for the season than to see Green Bay Packers in the Super Bowl. I am only sorry it is the last game for the season. What does one do with oneself on a Sunday otherwise?

3 comments:

  1. Hmm...Sundays for me usually means sleeping in, blogging, spending time with Jamie (who moved out in August) and working for a few hours at night.
    I always wanted to be a football fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a football fan...takes practise. And work...I'm still chopping cheese for the cheese platter, and trying to find Hooters Wings Sauce in a politiically correct state of Washington - Hooters Sauce rocks! Time to put the temporary tatoos on my cheeks and change into my Packer shirt!! Whoo hooo!

    ReplyDelete