Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Thoughts That Create Beginnings

I had some time off this last year. Eight weeks when I lost my "permanent" job and then 7 weeks between contract assignments. I loved both of those stretches of real life. I used those weeks more wisely than I have ever used any time off. I was thankful for each and every day. For once I did not worry about what was to come next. I just knew with an inner knowing that everything is going to be okay. And it is.

I am looking into having more of this time off from a desk job and to make financial ends meet. There is a lot of helpful advise (and just darned interesting stories) out in the blogosphere and internet in general. As a member of a skipped generation I am just now getting my feet wet in Facebook. This evening I finally signed on at Twitter (@Glashows). In a year from now, late January, can I be making enough money to sustain myself doing something I enjoy? These are the thoughts that fill me lately.

I'll share what I find so maybe we can all Breath-e a little easier - ar, ar.

In the meantime, marathon training starts next weekend. This should keep me out of trouble for a while and give me a place and a way to blow off steam from this contract assignment.

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine what I would do with 15 weeks off :-) I'm a lifelong pessimist so I have trouble leaving my fate to the Fates, as it were. Using a photo blog as a sort of ad for pro photography is a nice thought, though.

    I have a Facebook page that I visit once every couple of weeks, I so far continue to resist Twitter. My life is not interesting enough to a) keep anyone up to date and b) make it worthwhile making said updates.

    Did I mention I'm a pessimist?

    Not into running, but wish nicer weather was here so I could go riding without a toque and heavy clothes.

    ReplyDelete