Friday, January 1, 2010

Kaizen

"Kaizen is the Japanese principle that focuses on continuous improvement. It doesn’t matter where you’re at, it’s the improvement that matters." I've lifted this from an oft visited blog. I like this concept. It doesn't matter where you're at.

I'm of the belief anymore that my resolutions and determinations have less to do with a happy New Year, and rather more to do with constant progress (snails and turtles and I are extremely good friends in this one) and an overall attitude of sustainable happiness.

Sustainable happiness. At this point in my life I now firmly believe happiness is sustainable after all.

3 comments:

  1. We can have a Happy Every Year if it doesn't matter where we're at, and we're improving a bit at a time, then?

    I'm all for that.

    Don't worry, be happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is my dear! Here's hoping the new year will be the best one ever for you."hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron and Doug, Thank you my friends. And yes, Happy Every Year simply is. I may be bringing up that phrase in conversation later. Nice coining there, Doug.

    ReplyDelete